Canon Partners with McAfee
to Help Protect Office Printers from Unknown Threats
Priority One: Making Office Printers Even More Secure
Canon is focused on addressing the evolving security risks associated with today’s office printers. imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs have progressed to offer wide-ranging scan and send capabilities, cloudbased functions, and network integration. With confidential data moving from desktops to mobile devices to multifunction printers, Canon understands the need to take extra measures to help provide its customers with a secure experience.
With printer systems being connected to a corporate network, they become a potential target for hackers attempting to gain access to the network and corporate data. With this in mind, Canon conducted research and defined detailed requirements with the goal of implementing a secure solution against this threat.
With McAfee as its security partner, Canon can help its customers feel more confident that the multifunction printers they use every day are protected against malicious threats. This new functionality is just the latest addition to the extensive set of security features incorporated into imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs. This helps to secure the device and communications as well as provide the capability to efficiently manage security policies and monitor activity.
- Help protect Canon multifunction printers from zero-day and advanced threats
- Help Canon customers avoid breaches and secure confidential data
- Help guard against malware introduced through unapproved applications
- Help prevent unauthorized changes to printer systems
- Help with customer’s compliance requirements
McAfee Embedded Control
Comprehensive, Intelligent Application Whitelisting from McAfee
McAfee Embedded Control, which already protects over three million devices such as ATMs, blocks the execution of unauthorized applications like malware through intelligent whitelisting. Canon selected McAfee because of the strength of its brand, its broad-based market experience, its proven reliability in embedded security, and its high levels of end user satisfaction
- Provides Canon customers with a more secure solution
- Helps protect against zero-day and advanced persistent threats (APTs) through intelligent, real-time application whitelisting
- Helps limit data loss by blocking unauthorized or potentially malicious applications
- Helps protect the integrity of the printer system
- Helps address regional and global compliance mandates